In 1901 Mr Henry Mitchell and Mr Stewart McCabe, both newly arrived from Scotland opened a menswear store in the buildings originally inhabited by the Glasgow Bakery Company in the historic Emerald Hill Estate in South Melbourne.

Almost 120 years later Andrew Scawen carries on the proud tradition offering an  array of both national and internationally renowned brands presented in a warm and friendly atmosphere.